Charleston local

Wednesday morning shooting in North Charleston fatal for one person, another injured, NCPD says

North Charleston, South Carolina – The North Charleston PD confirmed that one person was shot to death while another was injured in a shooting incident that took place Wednesday morning.

When officers arrived at the shooting scene to the corner of McKnight and Lowell Drive, they found one male victim with severe shooting injuries lying in the street, the incident report says. The 911 call came in the early morning hours just after 1 a.m.

The 17-year-old shooting victim was immediately transferred to hospital where despite doctors’ efforts to save his life, he died shortly after.

Another victim was also transferred to hospital for treatment, but victim’s life is not in danger and the condition is stable since they only suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

At the scene, several vehicles were damaged as a result of the shootout.

The North Charleston PD said there is ongoing investigation about the incident, but no arrests have been made so far.

More details are expected in the upcoming period.

This is a developing story, stay with us for updates when available.

Alex Tuhell

Co-founder and publisher

Recent Posts

Charleston County schedules community meeting on Sol Legare Road sidewalk safety project

Charleston, South Carolina - Charleston County Public Works officials are preparing to meet with residents…

3 weeks ago

Charleston County sets public meeting to update residents on U.S. 17 and Main Road project

Charleston, South Carolina - Charleston County Public Works will hold a quarterly public meeting next…

3 weeks ago

Months-long Charleston drug investigation leads to arrest and trafficking charges

Charleston, South Carolina - A months-long narcotics investigation by Charleston police has resulted in an…

3 weeks ago

Charleston City Hall to glow yellow in remembrance of Holocaust victims

Charleston, South Carolina - Charleston City Hall will glow yellow on Tuesday night as the…

3 weeks ago

19-year-old Luke Chafin faces multiple charges following downtown Charleston assault sparked by confrontation after teens allegedly spit on woman

Charleston, South Carolina - In a violent encounter on Sunday evening in downtown Charleston, a…

11 months ago