Friday night fire in a Charleston home almost fatal for one person who was struck inside, the firefighters saved his life as soon as they arrived at the scene

Friday night fire in Charleston home in Mount Pleasant Street could have ended up fatally for one person had it not been for the quick response from first responders.

According to the incident report by Charleston Fire Rescue, the fire department received an emergency call in regards to a burning single-story building at the inside around 7:30 p.m.

Reportedly, the person who reported the housefire said there is person struck inside the burning home.

Fire crews were at the scene in less than five minutes and started with the intervention.

Crews fought back the flames and searched for the victim. They quickly found him, got him out of the house and turned him over to Charleston County EMS.

At the time when the fire initially took, two people were inside and reportedly both managed to get out safely from the house. However, after some time, one of them re-entered the home and became disoriented not able to get out again.

The fire department officials believe that the fire started from the kitchen for still unknown reason. The investigation should reveal what led to the fire.

Luckily, everything went well and the man who was trapped in the home was taken to the hospital. No one else was hurt.

The Red Cross has been requested to assist the homeowners.

Alex Tuhell

Co-founder and publisher

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button