Furious due to slow and poor service, man shot and killed two doctors while he was waiting to receive medical service in the hallway of the clinic

Since the pandemic began, hospitals suspended most of their services focusing on treating more Covid-ill patients and this practice was becoming more and more evident when the number of new Covid-19 cases has been increasing during the Covid-19 periodical waves. However, patients suffering from non-Covid diseases were put in danger as the reduced hospitals’ operations meant less patients treated leaving them angry and furious.

A 40-year-old man was arrested few days ago for shooting to death two doctors due to the slow and poor service while he was waiting in the hallway to receive a medical service in a dentist clinic. As per the incident report, the suspect is facing several charges and will most probably spend the rest of his life behind bars if found guilty.

The 40-year-old suspect was identified by the authorities as the S. Smith who is accused of shooting and killing two dentists in a dentist clinic in Texas last Wednesday. The incident happened in the afternoon hours after Smith became furious due to the poor and slow service as he was waiting to receive a medical treatment in the hallway of the clinic.

Deputies were dispatched at the scene following a 911 call in regards to a shooting. When they arrived at the scene, Smith had already fled the scene. Deputies found two shooting victims suffering gunshot wounds being in very critical condition. They were later identified as the 59-year-old B. Sinclair and the 75-year-old J. Burroughs.

The authorities who responded at the scene easily identified Smith as the main suspect in the incident since he was a regular patient at the clinic. A nurse at the clinic, who remained unhurt in the incident, told the deputies Smith became angry while waiting in the hallway, he went to his pickup truck at the parking lot and returned inside the clinic with a handgun. He was met by the clinic personnel in the lobby area where he ultimately fired his handgun and shot both victims.

Immediately after the paramedics’ arrival, the victims were transferred to a local hospital where they were later pronounced dead.

The search of Smith started immediately since one of the clinic’s employees took a photo of his vehicle license plates as he was leaving the parking lot after the shooting. A deputy arrived in front of a house at an address associated with the suspect and he was minutes there before Smith’s arrival. The responding deputy called back up and other deputies and negotiators arrived at the address shortly after.

After short negotiations, negotiators managed to convince the suspect’s parents to come out of the house. Then they convinced the suspect to come out a few minutes later. Authorities found two handguns in the house, which were the same caliber as the gun used in the shooting, the Sheriff said. Multiple shell casings were recovered from the floor of the dental facility.

Following the initial investigation, deputies believe the victims were Smith’s intended targets. Smith reportedly pointed the gun at a nurse, who pleaded with him, saying she had children. Luckily, no other victims were injured or killed in the shooting incident.

Smith has been charged with capital murder and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He remains in custody with a bond of $3 million.

Cindy Carey


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button