Conway, South Carolina – Sooner than expected, the Conway Pharmacy received the first doses of the third approved vaccine Johnson & Johnson, local pharmacist confirmed.
According to him, the first appointments are scheduled for Monday starting at 9 a.m.
The location of the pharmacy is at 1610 Church St Ste C, Conway, SC 29526.
According to the Gov. McMaster, the state of South Carolina is moving to Phase 1B starting this Monday.
Previously, this phase was known as Phase 1C with some exception being made. Now the most of the population will be eligible for vaccination and the this is the full list according to the authorities:
- Anyone aged 55 and up
- People with increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
- People aged 16-64 with one or more of the following high-risk medical conditions:
- Cancer (current, not a history of cancer), chronic kidney disease (any stage), chronic lung disease, diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2), Down syndrome, heart disease (congestive heart disease, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy, pulmonary hypertension), HIV/AIDS, solid organ transplant, obesity (BMI >30), pregnancy, sickle cell disease.
- People who have a developmental or other severe high-risk disability that makes developing severe life-threatening illness or death from COVID-19 infection more likely
- Frontline workers with increased occupational risk
- Frontline workers with increased occupational risk are people who:
- Must be in-person at their place of work, and perform a job that puts them at increased risk of exposure due to their frequent, close (less than 6 feet) and ongoing (more than 15 minutes) contact with others in the work environment